InnoCube is looking for an Artificial Intelligence (AI) engineer/researcher who is willing to get involved in exciting Research, Innovation and Development (R&I&D) projects in the framework of the Horizon Europe.
The suitable candidate will join the research area of Distributed and Federated AI. This area holds expertise in machine learning (ML), deep learning (DL) and optimization problems; and applies this knowledge to the verticals of ambient intelligence, mobility, telecommunications, manufacturing, energy, health, sustainability and cybersecurity.
Our team is an active player in the European research ecosystem and participates as partners or subcontractors in other R&D projects. Our area also offers professional services to relevant industry and SMEs.
The selected candidate that will join InnoCube will start working in the following projects to deliver AI innovative solutions in the manufacturing and telecommunication sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical and computer engineering, computer science or other relative fields;
- Python programming;
- Adequate understanding of statistics, multivariable calculus and linear algebra;
- Experience with data pre-processing and analysis libraries, such as Numpy and Pandas;
- Experience with data visualization tools, like Matplotlib and Seaborn;
- Experience with ML and DL libraries, such as Scikit Learn, Tensorflow/Keras and/or PyTorch;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- MSc or PhD degree in data science or statistics;
- Experience with Horizon 2020 and/or Horizon Europe Research and Development (R&D) projects;
- Experience with very large datasets, high availability systems, SQL and NoSQL;
- Experience with big data analytics technologies, such as Apache Spark and Elastic Stack;
- Experience with Reinforcement Learning (RL) techniques;
- Knowledge in containerized application development;
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD best practices.
- Collecting, processing and interpreting data;
- Statistical modelling and data analytics;
- Identifying solutions to overcome data analytics challenges;
- Implementing ML and DL models;
- Participation in the development of novel products;
- Editing, authoring and delivery of technical reports and deliverables;
- Communication with electrical and computer engineers and researchers;
- Participation in technical meetings, representing InnoCube.
- Friendly, motivated and inclusive team with a strong European and International network;
- Work from our offices or from home, whichever works best for you. We ask for three (3) days in person at the office to coordinate with the rest of the team.
- Competitive remuneration package according to qualifications and experience. Moreover, InnoCube adopts a “Fix + variable salary” rewarding with bonuses and salary increases;
- Flexible working hours: You will have a flexible work schedule in order to reconcile your personal life with the professional one;
- Intensive hours every Friday of the year and every day in July and August;
- If you are interested, you can participate in national and international events of your sector;
- Career progression opportunities: We will work with you in order to design a career plan to promote your growth and development.
Who we are?
InnoCube is a research, innovation, and development boutique that promotes mission-driven R&D activities on advanced communication systems, network and cloud/edge architectures, IoT applications, and services. For the last two (2) years, InnoCube has created an international R&D collaboration ecosystem that consists of key players in the fields of 5G and beyond 5G, IoT, VR, Immersive Technologies, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, AI, and Digital Social Innovation, which are coming from the industrial, public administration, academia, and end-users worlds. By analyzing real social and business challenges and translating them into technology requirements and enablers, InnoCube identifies key scientific and technology concepts and creates the interface between theoretical knowledge and innovative products.
The most important ingredient and the greatest value of InnoCube is the talent of the people who make up our human team. We enjoy a team of people that work every day to create and foster an environment where we all feel comfortable creating, innovating and growing.
Want to know more? Visit our webpage! https://innocube.org
Where will you do it?
At InnoCube, we already have an established telework policy for some time. You can work from home or from the office, whichever suits you best. We ask that you attend the office three (3) days per week, two (2) to stay connected with the team and the other one (1) to establish relations.
If you decide to come to the office, we are located in Pilaia, Thessaloniki. Our office is designed to offer a relaxing working environment that enhance focus. It is a very well-connected area with bus and car parking as well as cafeterias and restaurants around.
Our offices are designed with an open-office concept where everything is light and transparency (we do not have opaque rooms).
InnoCube is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other local legally protected characteristics.
Preferred starting Date
There is no fixed application deadline, but we are looking to fill this position at the earliest. Qualified applicants can expect an invitation to an interview a few days after submitting their application.
If what you have read sounds good to you, send us an e-mail to email@example.com with your CV and motivation letter and… let’s have a coffee in order to tell you more!
In case you liked it, but it is not your job offer, you may know someone else who fits perfectly and whom you would like to recommend!